Subject: Re: ide_delay_50ms() freezing on PPC?

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:30:03 +0200

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000, Michel Lanners <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hi Andre,
>
>On  25 Jun, this message from Andre Hedrick echoed through cyberspace:
>> Then we need braoder stubs.
>> Got a suggestion?
>
>No... before suggesting anything, I'd like to understand why the loop
>doesn't work on PPC (only on PPC?), and why the use of
>schedule_timeout() depends on PCMCIA ide devices....

Michel,

Can you check the generated code for the loop ? Does it actually re-dead
jiffies from memory or not ? (Did the compiler wrongly tried to optimise
it ?).

Also check jiffies is correctly declared volatile

Ben.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/