Subject: Re: [ANN] New kernels, gmac, airport, usb...

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:22:38 +0200

>> It is based on it, but AFAIK, WEB doesn't work with the Apple base
>> station. It should be possible to use WEB between two airports on linux,
>> but I didn't try. What I meant on the page was a quick explanation on how
>> to get it working with an Apple Airport base station.
>>
>> If its actually supported, then I'll be glad to fix the page ;)
>>
>> Ben.
>
>
>Well, I've been playing with it - and I can't seem to get it running...
>so I guess it isn't yet :(

I'm still not completely awake, of course, you will have replaced all
occurences of WEB in my mail by WEP ;)

The card works fine between two macs and a mac & an airport base station
with WEP disabled. According to someone on the mailing list, using the
base station WEP requires knowledge about the Apple key distribution
mecanism, and we don't have this knowledge.

Ben.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/