Subject: Re: [ANN] New kernels, gmac, airport, usb...

From: Chris Leishman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 20:02:55 +1000

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 11:22:38AM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
<snip>
> >Well, I've been playing with it - and I can't seem to get it running...
> >so I guess it isn't yet :(
>
> I'm still not completely awake, of course, you will have replaced all
> occurences of WEB in my mail by WEP ;)
>
> The card works fine between two macs and a mac & an airport base station
> with WEP disabled. According to someone on the mailing list, using the
> base station WEP requires knowledge about the Apple key distribution
> mecanism, and we don't have this knowledge.

Bugger.  I was hoping to use my airport - but I don't think I'll be allowed to
turn off security on our corporate wireless net ;)

I wonder if apple would be willing to let this out??  Probably not...
Does MacOS X support WEP yet?  Perhaps I should have a look through there.

Regards,

Chris

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
            Linux, because I'd like to *get there* today
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply with subject 'request key' for GPG public key.  KeyID 0xB4E24219

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/