Subject: Re: GNU Parted, linuxppc support coming :-)

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:01:58 -0700

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 09:07:49AM +1000, Andrew Clausen wrote:
> Each partition gets one block (yes?).  So thats 20 * 512?
> (From comments in various programs, most disks have 512 byte blocks...)

CDROMs, for example, often have 2048-byte blocks.  You can get the
block size out of the disk header somewhere, IIRC.

> > There seems to be a shortage of HFS folks these days. :) But ext2
> > resizing sounds very cool.
>
> Excuse my ignorance... what FS's do people usually use with MacOS?
> HFS/HFS+?

Yes, that's right.

> (Is the point "no-one uses MacOS", or "no-one's hacking on HFS
> in Linux"?)

The latter.

Dan

/--------------------------------\  /--------------------------------\
|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|        SCS Class of 2002       |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __    Carnegie Mellon University   |
|         [email-masked]         |  |       [email-masked]      |
\--------------------------------/  \--------------------------------/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/