Subject: [PATCH] 2.4.0-test3 sys_ctrler fix.

From: "Iain Sandoe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 02:29:45 +0100

here is a patch against 2.4.0-test3 as of yesterday (i.e. against the
version with broken timer.c & idle.c).  I was having real problems getting
the BK rsync stuff until just now...

This patch fixes the cross-referencing of sys_ctrler - a variable indicating
the ADB controller type (CUDA or PMU).

It is quite wide-ranging and affected pmac_setup, xmon, nvram, time, start,
via-cuda, via-pmu & dmasound.

It may already have been fixed in 2.4.0-test4 (I just noticed that bitkeeper
has changed).

====

I'll do a separate patch against 2.4.0-test3 for the dmasound stuff (once
I've checked it out a bit more).

If you're desperate to try the sound then add a line

extern sys_ctrler_t sys_ctrlr ;

anywhere after machdep.h  has been included - this should fix anyone else
who has a G3/desktop (with the dmasound sources from test3).

It *might* fix PB problems too (but I can't be certain).

====

It needs the scrutiny of a more experienced bunch - I may not have got the
conditionalisation right for all PPC platform variants... please be
gentle-ish...

Iain.