Subject: Re: problems about __cli()

From: "Iain Sandoe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:19:54 +0100

Hi Rolf,

 Thu, Jul 20, 2000, Rolf Liu wrote:
> I am currently compiling the kernel 2.2.13.
> A problem occours, it said the "__cli() is not defined".
> I wonder where the __cli() is defined in the kernel tree, which file is it
> in ?
> thanks a  lot.

(at 2.2.17preZZ - any reason for using 2.2.13?)

Where "your-kernel-foo-bar" is the source tree you are working with:

__cli() is defined in:

/usr/src/your-kernel-foo-bar/include/asm-ppc/system.h

asm-ppc is symlinked to /usr/src/your-kernel-foo-bar/include/asm by the
build process.

the function is implemented in:

/usr/src/your-kernel-foo-bar/arch/ppc/kernel/misc.S

It is *vital* to make sure that there is a symlink named 'linux' in /usr/src
that points to your /usr/src/your-kernel-foo-bar/ because there are symlinks
in /usr/include that expect to use this to find the build-specific headers.

hope this helps,
Iain.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/