Subject: Re: LinuxPPC X Server

From: Josh Huber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:53:55 -0400

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 10:24:19PM +0100, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> 
> I think I may have made a configuration mistake (see Michel's mail).

Hmm, that's probably not the reason. (see below)

> However, 300M G3, UW SCSI + 256 Mb RAM ==> 6.5-ish Hours (*all* day was only
> a slight exaggeration :-).
> 
> (OK, so I did a kernel build as well [30 mins] and had a screen saver
> running - but... )

I'm guessing that your screen saver might have been using a bit much
CPU.  I built XF4 on my powerbook wallstreet 233 in a little under 2
hours, with no configuration file changes. (except for ProjectRoot).

Definately no UW SCSI and only 160M of ram.  You should be able to
build in 1.5 hours I would think, with that setup. :)

ttyl,

-- 
Josh
6B21489A | GnuPG ID/Fingerprint | [email-masked] |
61F0 6138 BE7B FEBF A223  E9D1 BFE1 2065 6B21 489A