Subject: Re: Linux on Motorola Sandpoint/PPMC7400

From: Alex Shnitman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:43:58 +0300

Hi, Gabriel!

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 11:01:07PM +0200, you wrote the following:

> > > You can't start an ELF image from jumping at it sload address. But I know
> > > only PPCBUG and OF, not your firmware.
> >
> > But zsrec (the thing that creates the srecords from the binary file)
> > strips the 64k ELF header of the kernel image, so it should be fine?
> > Or shouldn't it? Or did I misunderstand you?
>
> Maybe. Ok, then what type of PCI bridge do you have ?

It uses a Winbond chip for PCI/ISA bridge. (I can find the exact model
if it'd help.)

> Do you know the memory and I/O map as seen from the processor ?

Yes, it's in the brochure.. If I send it to you would it help?

> Is it truly ooking like standard PreP ?

How would I know? Frankly, I'm a newbie in this business...

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
[email-masked], [email-masked]   +-----------------------
http://alexsh.hectic.net    UIN 188956    PGP key on web page
       E1 F2 7B 6C A0 31 80 28  63 B8 02 BA 65 C7 8B BA

/real/ kernel hackers
    dd if=/dev/urandom of=/vmlinuz
and influence the Universal Randomosity Field.
	-- Gaal Yahas

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/