Subject: Re: 2.4 problems

From: "Iain Sandoe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 12:29:28 +0100

>>You mean when I type on the local "dead" keyboard? I couldn't test this
>>yet, because the machine from which I sshed in was 15 km away at work.
>>And after a while I had the bad idea to type "hwclock -r", upon which
>>the 6400 was really dead, so I could not test it any further. While I
>>observed it, the ADB interrupt did not increase.
>
> Ok, so it looks like Cuda gets dead.
>
> Iain Sandoe recently did work to improve the robustness of the Cuda state
> machine. I didn't yet have time to look at his code, but it may be
> interesting for you to test his patch.

It's not 2.4.0 (sorry)

- but, you can (a) either wait a few days - and I'll have a go or (b) take a
look at the 2.2.17 one and see (IMHO it shouldn't be difficult - the 2.4.0
via-cuda doesn't look much different from the 2.2.17 one).

Iain.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/