Subject: Re: MacOS X and yaboot wars.

From: Ethan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:54:11 -0800

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 11:49:51PM +0000, Guillaume Laures wrote:
> 
> Yes it does.
> Another weird thing is that it mounts the bootstrap partition.
> But it doesn't unbless anything. And triple-boot works perfectly.
> I just had to mess around with partition # (and btw I seem to have 3 free
> partition disappear).

you should be able to reorder this so your bootstrap partition is first.

[snip]

> 
> It's a 27G disk...
> May be I'll change "Apple_Bootstrap" to "Apple_Boot" ?

i wouldn't then MOSX will think that its it owns this partition and
who know what it will do to it then.  if its Apple_Bootstrap its less
likely apple will destroy it randomly since OSX does not know what it
is.

i very much doubt they reorder the partition table at every boot so
using the `r' command in mac-fdisk should allow you to reorder the
table so Apple_Bootstrap is first.

-- 
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/