Subject: Re: Ethernet Trouble

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 02:43:27 +0200

In message <[email-masked]> Conn Clark wrote:
>
> >Either it can't find init, or it's a shared library problem, or  your
> >console device is missing, or ...
...
>         Right now I think that it can't talk to the console or init uses a
> function in ld.so.1 to spit a message to the console and is failing to load

So what is /dev/console on your system?

I know that it used to be  a  symlink  to  /dev/ttyS0  on  sme  older
systems,  which doesn't work any more. Make sure you have a character
device major 5 minor 1, i. e. something like that:

crw-r--r--   1 root     root       5,   1 Mar 22  2000 /dev/console

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: [email-masked]
He'd been wrong, there _was_ a light at the end of the tunnel, and it
was a flamethrower.                         - Terry Pratchett, _Mort_

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/