Subject: Re: openoffice on ppc anyone?

From: Tom Rini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:03:31 -0700

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 10:00:20AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > http://porting.openoffice.org/ implies anwyays the src for the tools should be
> > around.  Finally, gcc 2.95.2 (or 2.95.3) and glibc 2.1.3 are good for you.
> > JDK 1.2.2 should be fine (Kevin?)
>
> The day I tried (Oct. 13) nothing besides the raw source tarball was up on
> the site. I'll check again though. I've read to different and conflicting
> build instructions (one suggested JDK 1.1.8, the other 1.2.2).

Well, make sure to update your tree.  One of the mailing lists on that page
says some diffs for linux/ppc have been checked in.

> I'm already using a recent gcc 2.95.3 but libc upgrades always freak me
> out ...

It's not as bad as it used to be. :)

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/