Subject: Re: [linux-fbdev] Re: Video driver bug

From: Samuel Rydh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 15:22:16 +0200

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 01:37:58PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Alternatively you can get the info once and store it in a config file in the
> user's homedir. If it later turns out to be invalid (e.g. due to dual-head
> issues, or because you changed your video card), you can offer to reprobe when
> restarting MOL the next time.

OK, I'll settle for this solution. It is good to force manual confirmation
of each video mode anyway.

However, I discovered another bug in aty128fb.c. The aty_128_encode_var
sets var->activate to zero (preventing FB_ACTIVATE_TEST from
working). A simple fix:

+   int activate;
    aty128_encode_var(var, &par, info);

-   if ((var->activate & FB_ACTIVATE_MASK) != FB_ACTIVATE_NOW)
+   if ((activate & FB_ACTIVATE_MASK) != FB_ACTIVATE_NOW)
        return 0;

(the bug is present in both 2.2 and 2.4).

Cheers,

/Samuel

----------------------------------------------------------
 E-mail <[email-masked]>  WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470
----------------------------------------------------------

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/