Subject: linux-pmac-benh broken for some time?

From: Chris Leishman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 01:10:31 +1100

Just curious, but is anyone else having this problem on compile of
linux-pmac-benh?

<snip a successful compile...>
ln -sf vmlinux.coff zImage
ld -Ttext 0x00400000 -o vmlinux.elf crt0.o start.o chrpmain.o misc.o string.o
zlib.o image.o no_initrd.o /usr/src/linux-pmac-benh/lib/lib.a
./mknote > note
objcopy vmlinux.elf vmlinux.elf --add-section=.note=note -R .comment
objcopy -O aixcoff-rs6000 -R .stab -R .stabstr -R .comment --add-section=image=vmlinux.gz micoffboot miboot.image
./hack-coff miboot.image
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-pmac-benh/arch/ppc/coffboot'
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-pmac-benh/arch/ppc/boot'
ld -T ../vmlinux.lds -Ttext 0x00800000 -o zvmlinux.tmp head.o misc.o ../coffboot/zlib.o vreset.o kbd.o of1275.o ns16550.o
vreset.o: In function `vga_init':
vreset.o(.text+0x3c2): undefined reference to `loops_per_jiffy'
vreset.o(.text+0x3c6): undefined reference to `loops_per_jiffy'
make[1]: *** [zvmlinux] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-pmac-benh/arch/ppc/boot'
make: *** [zImage] Error 2

This is with benh's default config.  If this is a problem, is it worth me
trying to track it down, or are you looking at it Ben?

Thanks,

Chris

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
       Knuth: premature optimization is the root of all evil.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply with subject 'request key' for GPG public key.  KeyID 0xB4E24219