Subject: Re: bad vidmode on debian install

From: Olaf Hering <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:08:00 +0100

On Wed, Nov 08, Steven Hanley wrote:

>
> All
>
> Anyway trying to upgrade form non debian dist to debian (potato) on my
> 7220/200, as it is old world I used the hfs floppy image. Anyway it boots
> fine but then the video mode is at a frequency such that no text is clear
> and it is moving around on the screen a bit (like running X i modes a
> machine cant handle)

You cant pass a video mode to platinumfb.
Do you have 834x624 and more than 8 bit color depth? If yes, change the
resolution or set the color depth to 8 bit.

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS
       Main feature not yet implemented...

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/