Subject: Re: success sort of with 2.2.10

From: Ethan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 23:51:07 -0900

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 07:08:41PM +1100, Steven Hanley wrote:
> 
> All
> 
> well 2.2.10 will get past the blank screen on my 7220, 2.2.18pre18 and
> 2.2.17 (came with debian) both dont.

well that rules out quik breakage at least.  progress! ;-)

> Anyway once I have found a way to make the thing get past this point in the
> kernel booting, I will have to start going through the kernels from 2.2.10
> up and see which do and dont work. Now for that I need some way to get the
> different revisions. Are there any places other than bitkeeper that will let
> me do this? like a cvs tree? Paulus' rsync I dont think will let me get
> anything but the latest version that he has up there.

one thing i just remembered, did you compile 2.2.17 withOUT
CONFIG_BOOTX_TEXT  ?  BootXText screws up quik booting on some
machines apparently.   turning it off has made quik boot properly for
others.  

-- 
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/