Subject: Re: status of ppc support in official 2.4.0 or Alan's 2.4.0-ac1

From: Ethan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:40:15 -0900

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 08:37:40AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> 
> On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 09:55:00AM -0500, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
> 
> > I have not kept up with 2.4.0 development at all.  I see that Linus has
> > officially released 2.4.0.  Alan has also release 2.4.0-ac1.  What is the
> > status of ppc support in either of these kernels?
> 
> Don't bother with kernel.org, Alan's tree is better but not fully merged.
> 2_3 bk is fine, 2_5 bk will be merged up shortly.
> http://www.fsmlabs.com/linuxppcbk.html

it would really be more useful if a unified patch against the 2.4.0 on
kernel.org could be made available somewhere (penguinppc.org) to
create a cleaned up, merged finalized 2.4.0-powerpc without requiring
[ordinary] people to fiddle with the proprietary bk.  

either that or finish merging with alan and tell people to use the -ac
series.  

-- 
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/