Subject: is (F)ADS 8xx board mature enough?

From: Leonard Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:18:37 -0800

Hi all,

A newbie question.  Currently, I am considering using FADS 823/850/860
board for embedded system development.  While I was reading the "Linux for
PowerPC Embedded Systems HOWTO" as every newbie did initially, I was
referred to the message written by Dan Malek on 03 Sep 1999 in this
maillist. His oppinion on FADS 8xx is that "I don't recommend using any
(F)ADS board with Linux/PPC."  The full message can be viewed at:
http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-embedded/199909/msg00007.html

It has been more than one year since this message was written. I would like
to know has this situation been changed?  I need  good PCMCIA, ethernet and
UART support, USB support is need in the second stage of development.  Any
comments from you guys?

Regards,
Leonard Ye

______________________________________________________
Get free e-mail at http://www.email.com
Visit http://ecards.nbci.com to send
exclusive NBCi electronic greeting cards.

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/