Subject: Re: pmud monitoring temperature (Re: powerbook doubles)

From: Brad Midgley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 01:49:14 -0000

hi,

> > yes, it can.
> > Someone posted a patch some time last year to get the info into the /proc
> > entry.  If that no longer applies it shouldn't be too difficult to update
> > it.

i reworked this patch to work with the current bk tree (argh. i just complained to iain that diffs
against a moving target were gross)

http://redcloud.uccs.edu/~bcmidgle/linux/

btw, it looks like troy wants the _{gs}et_THRM{123} macros changed to use some different macros,
but i'm not familiar with that stuff so i just reenabled the old macros.

> until we have proper heat control in the kernel, maybe pmud should monitor the temperature and
put
> the machine to sleep if it runs too hot.

i'm looking into this part.

btw, what is a dangerous temperature? with the bays empty and a housefan running nearby (ie
relatively cool) it is reporting 42c.

--
Brad
[email-masked]      http://www.turbolinux.com/~brad/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/