Subject: Re: Stability of MontaVista's 2.4.0-test2-1.2.2-1

From: Alex Shnitman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:33:04 +0200

Hi, Mark!

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 02:10:33PM -0700, you wrote the following:

> That version of the kernel does have problems.  Get the latest linuxppc_2_5
> source and try that.  I haven't tested the last couple weeks but before then,
> it was very solid.  Sandpoint support is in it.

I've just tried it. I downloaded the tree with bitkeeper, and applied
sp_patch_25, but got the following linking errors at the final stage
of the compilation:

arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o: In function `lookup_partitions':
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x9046): undefined reference to `pmac_newworld'
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x904a): undefined reference to `pmac_newworld'
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o: In function `sandpoint_get_irq':
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x95fc): undefined reference to `openpic_irq'
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x95fc): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 openpic_irq
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x9620): undefined reference to `openpic_eoi'
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x9620): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 openpic_eoi
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o: In function `sandpoint_post_irq':
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x9670): undefined reference to `openpic_eoi'
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x9670): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 openpic_eoi
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o: In function `pmac_nvram_init':
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text.init+0xd20): undefined reference to `find_devices'
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text.init+0xd20): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 find_devices
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text.init+0xd54): undefined reference to `device_is_compatible'
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text.init+0xd54): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 device_is_compatible
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text.init+0xe82): undefined reference to `sys_ctrler'
arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text.init+0xe86): undefined reference to `sys_ctrler'
drivers/video/video.o: In function `chips_init':
drivers/video/video.o(.text.init+0x2e48): undefined reference to `find_devices'
drivers/video/video.o(.text.init+0x2e48): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 find_devices
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

--
Alex Shnitman <[email-masked]>
http://alexsh.hectic.net/   UIN 188956
PGP 0xEC5D619D / E1 F2 7B 6C A0 31 80 28  63 B8 02 BA 65 C7 8B BA

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/