Subject: Re: Linux 2.4 on 2001 G4

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:54:07 +0200

>It seems to hang in smp_core99_kick_cpu(), probably when the CPU takes
>the exception.  I inserted some debug messages around the call to
>mdelay() like so:
>
> if (ppc_md.progress) ppc_md.progress("!", 0);
> mdelay(1);
> if (ppc_md.progress) ppc_md.progress("smp_core99_kick_cpu: after
mdelay", 0);
>
>When booting, "!" is printed, but the other message is not.
>
>Is there anything else I can do to diagnose the problem?

I beleive it hangs in the second CPU entry point in head.S. My new CPU
identification & setup mecanism was not tested on SMP yet, so I beleive
it still has bugs. I'll look into this today or later this week.

Ben.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/