Subject: Re: boot params

From: Ethan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:46:25 -0800

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 12:38:17PM +0100, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> 
> > Ethan Benson wrote:
> >> the kernel HFS driver is unreliable. 
> 
> Hmmm.  What do you mean?  I use it a lot (without problems AFAICT) - is
> there something I should know?

apparently people get occasional filesystem corruption when copying
larger files around.  its always been rather shady since nobody really
gives a damn about it.  which is why something as important as the
kernels should not live on HFS.  and bootloaders should live on a
never mounted tiny HFS partition managed by hfsutils or preferably
ybin.  

it comes up on irc here and there.  

-- 
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/