Subject: Re: boot params

From: Ethan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 04:05:53 -0800

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 12:59:03PM +0100, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> 
> > which is why something as important as the
> > kernels should not live on HFS.
> 
> OW machines don't have the choice.

yes they do, its called quik.  

but for bootx it is still advisable to use hfsutils or only mount the
exchange partition rather then the real macos boot partition.
(exchange partitions used in a `/tmp' like capacity would not pose a
big deal to filesystem corruption)

> Yes, but I've not seen a report for months - the last IIRC were for 2.3.xx
> kernels ...

jeramy was mentioning some reports recently.  

in any event are you saying the hfs driver is even resembling being
close to bug free? 

didn't think so.

-- 
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/