Subject: Re: RTC and SCSI for PowerStack/2.4.6 Kernel

From: Tom Rini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:57:03 -0700

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 07:38:58AM -0700, Jeff Rugen wrote:

> I've booted 2.4.6 successfully 4 times so far -- 2 times it crashed with
> SCSI timeouts, and 2 times it hung for unknown reasons (with no oops output
> or anything).  The second time it might have been framebuffer or network
> related (I'd installed clgenfb, changed video modes, and then did 'dir' in
> an ftp session to a site with a long directory listing twice -- the second
> time it hung).

Did you do any fixes/cleanups to clgenfb?  I took a stab and trying to
re-do your PReP fixes in it a while back, but I don't think it ever got
into the main tree.

> Did anything change in regards to oops output on crashes since 2.2.x?  I'm
> not suprised that the kernel would crash/hang without producing any, but I
> thought I'd ask to make sure.

Don't think so..  Network _should_ be fine.  The tulip driver is having
issues on some chipsets as of 2.4.5, but it'll either not work or work fine.
de4x5 still works great tho.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/