Subject: airport reset on iBook2

From: Ethan Blanton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:39:02 -0400

Hey,
I don't know if this is a known problem (I haven't seen it mentioned)
or not, but I'm getting the following error from my Airport card
reasonably often:

Jul 25 09:27:50 localhost kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
Jul 25 09:27:50 localhost kernel: eth1: Tx timeout! Resetting card.

It carries with it the undesirable consequence that sometimes all
network traffic stalls for anywhere from 1-10 (subjectively) seconds.
This is probably happening on the order of every 3-5 hours, but when
it happens it often happens several times in the span of a few minutes.

I am sending this to linuxppc-dev and netdev, as I don't know whether
this is airport-specific, or orinoco/hermes related.
Ethan

-- 
If I've told you once, I've told you once
And once is all that you needed.
		-- The Refreshments, "Carefree"