Subject: Clock problem

From: Ethan Blanton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 18:45:26 -0400

Bastien Nocera spake unto us the following wisdom:
> So after a session of IRC, and some nasty clock problems, Joseph and I
> (especially Joseph in fact ;) managed to get this working alright on an
> iBook2. I attach a newer working version of keyevd that Joseph fixed
> after my previous post, and to which I added eject (uses the eject
> utility somewhere in your PATH).

Are those "clock problems" by any chance a *mean* drift?  (on the
order of seconds per minute)  I had that problem, and BenH suggested
that I comment out two lines in pmac_time.c (via_calibrate_decr () in
an if statement and the following line).  That worked like a charm.

That said, it looks like maybe he's fixed it in the 2.4.7-ben0.  I
haven't yet tried booting it, but I see that there's an extra if
clause that was not there before.
Ethan

-- 
If I've told you once, I've told you once
And once is all that you needed.
		-- The Refreshments, "Carefree"