Subject: Re: VGA console endian bug

From: Olaf Hering <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:45:09 +0200

On Sat, Aug 11, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

>
> Note that I've been having a fight with Olaf Hering about this as well :-)

And the battle goes on :)

It really fixes my VGA problems so far, but I guess the bug is somewhere
else.
We use a patch to display the kernel version above the framebuffer logo.
It works on intel and on sparc, but it gives the usual garbage for the
version chars on ppc.

It uses the fbcon_putcs() function. I will see how it works without that
vga patch.

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS
       Main feature not yet implemented...

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/