Subject: Re: GeForce on PPC == _no work_

From: Ethan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:52:05 -0900

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 09:21:42AM -0800, Ani Joshi wrote:
>
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> >
> > > also FreeBSD people, since they also can't use nVidia's binary drivers. I
> > > hope he has some success.
> >
> > don't hold your breath, you might suffocate.
>
> Hmm, its nice to see such pessimism from the community.  Perhaps instead,

I am not a pessimist, I always hope for the best, unfortunatly
experience has taught me to always expect the worst.

> you could try helping, but I suppose that's too much to ask from some.
>
> Anyhow, companies *do* change their policies with the proper polite
> lobbying.  This includes nVidia.

Yes, my preferred method of lobbying is to publically refuse to
use/purchase thier hardware.  Its unfortunate apple doesn't offer a
choice to buy thier machine with an alternate video card, perhaps if
you replace it with an ATI Rage128 and then call Nvidia for a refund
on the OEM card they might get the point, otoh they would probably
just say `foad' and hang up.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/