Subject: Re: Reading SDRAM Memory Configuration via EEPROM on SIMM

From: Neil Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:58:36 -0800

Most SDRAM chip specs have enough stuff to figure this out.  I don't
have an address handy, but if you look at a chip and go to the
manufacturer's web site, ...

Also, LiMon has some code to do some of the SDRAM stuff.  It is written
in C, so it won't work on many CPUs, and it doesn't (yet) handle timing;
just geometry.  (C works on the 8260 before SDRAM is available because
you can use the internal RAM as a stack.)

	www.thinsys.com/limon.html

Neil.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 09:24:18PM -0800, James F Dougherty wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how to read an SDRAM SIMM EEPROM
> to get the memory configuration data? I remember
> there was a spec for this ... forgot the name...
>
> You basically read I2C data bytes from an EEPROM
> in a standard format.... PC's do this to find memory
> settings..

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/