Subject: Re: TiBook, 1394, iPod working (sort of ;-)

From: Ethan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:24:15 -0900

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 09:02:40AM +0100, Halfmann, Klaus wrote:
>
> HFS+ Volumes are wrapped in a HFS-structure for security reasons, you
> can
> find out about his at some Website at Apple.

uh, security reasons?  ive never heard that and can't believe it
provides any sort of real security.  the only motivation ive ever
read/heard about was to keep feebleminded macos users from being
confused and frightened by older versions of MacOS helpfully offering
to erase the HFS+ partitions/disks.

> I once started doing a set of HFS+ Tools but got stuck due to personal
> reasons.
> The current state is that _reading_ works and writing works a little
> bit.
> I'd be happy someone would care about these. There is a (rotten) tarball

there are plenty of people who seem to care, just none of them a) know
enough about filesystem hacking to help, or b) don't care enough to
want to hack on it.  ;-)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/