Subject: Re: airport + dhcp

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 21:37:28 +0100

>
>Did anybody meet speed problems when connecting an airport to a dhcp
>cable tv ISP?
>
>The speed is then incredibly slow, inducing timeouts for pop servers
>as soon as there are long messages to transfer.
>
>But the speed is quite normal with a real wire connexion between my
>powerbook and the cable tv modem (ie without the airport), when I use
>the same airport with a fixed IP adress at my office. It seems the
>problem happens only when combining airport and dhcp (under linux or
>macos9/10).
>
>I run 2.4.15-ben0 kernel on a pbg4.
>
>Thanks for help.

I'm afraid if the problem also happens with MacOS, it's an issue
with the station firmware. You'd rather report it to apple ;)

Ben.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/