Subject: Re: ethtool failure with tulip 21143

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 00:38:53 +0100

>A long time ago (2.2.13 or so), I could not use another card on the
>6500 for very long with the de4x5 driver as well. At that time, Paul
>provided a patch for the de4x5 driver which fixed the problem. He
>also described the issue as a cache coherency problem.

Yes, paul's patch is what I'm talking about.

>Well, I wonder if that was the fix that Paul put in. Some time ago
>(early 2.4) I tried the de4x5 driver with this Farallon 10/100 card
>but it worked even more poorly than the tulip driver of that time did.

Yup.
>
>>Try defining CACHE_ALIGN to CAL_32LONG, and DESC_ALIGN to u32 dummy[4]
>>(as in the commented out example).
>
>I will look at the de4x5 code again and try this. It's all vaguely
>familiar to me... Thanks much!

That should be the same patch paul did.

Ben.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/