Subject: Re: Correct way to submit a patch?

From: Dave Wolfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:23:30 -0600

[ Tom Rini writes: ]
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 02:25:03PM -0600, Dave Wolfe wrote:
> >
> > [ [email-masked] writes: ]
> > >
> > > The proper way is to send it to this list, eventually CC'ed to one
> > > of the people in the MAINTAINERS file depending which type of machine
> > > is affected by it.
> >
> > I would suggest that patches be attached to the email.
>
> Please don't...  I tend to take the Linus approach to this.  I won't
> ignore attachments like him tho.. :)

Then you risk mangled patches, and I guarantee that patches in the
archives will be unusable since they're converted to HTML. I'm not fond
of attachments either, but this is one application of them that is
appropriate.

--
 Dave Wolfe

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/