Subject: Re: jdk 1.4?

From: "marc. h." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:11:53 +0100

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 05:19:57PM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > > I hadn't actually tried the IBM JVM for PPC - the only link I'd seen for
> > > it pointed to some SuSE site. I am, however, running 2.4.17-benh0 on
> > > this iBook, so I guess if you experience is correct, it wouldn't work on
> > > here anyhow. Also, did it come with an OJI Java plugin for use with
> > > Mozilla? (I'd bet not.)
> >
> > Would you mind giving it a shot? (or someone else?) I want to be sure that it's
> > not a local Glibc issue or such thing. I also haven't tried a recent benh
> > kernel..
>
> Works here, but then I've applied a couple patches:
> 2.4.18-pre9-benh-o1-xfs-lolat-aa ;)
>
> As you mention sched_yield(), the O(1) scheduler patch could make the
> difference?

hmm, I tried the O(1) scheduler with your patch and it still doesn't work.

maybe it's lolat? or benh? I'll try that tonight.

but could you do me a favour? can you try out 2.4.18-rc4 vanilla? and confirm
that it doesn't work? that would eliminate the possiblity that it's a userspace
issue (or rather some kind of kernel-userspace interaction problem)

and you're sure your trying the IBM-jdk right? could be that you have the
blackdown JDK installed as well and it comes first in your PATH or something?
just want to make sure.

thanks in advance.

-m

--
	C3C5 9226 3C03 CDF7 2EF1  029F 4CAD FBA4 F5ED 68EB
	key: http://people.hbesoftware.com/~heckmann/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/