Subject: Re: [Linux-galileo] ev64260 bi_rec patch

From: Tom Rini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 08:20:36 -0700

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 04:45:43PM -0800, Michael Sokolov wrote:
>
> Mark A. Greer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > Okay, the bi_recs need to be copied.  Something for you to do over the weekend ;)
>
> I don't know how to do that in a way acceptable to you. I only know how to do
> things my way, which I've done in my patch which you've pocket-vetoed.
>

IIRC, your original patch did the parsing in parse_bootinfo() or so in
arch/ppc/kernel/setup.c which means each new driver bi_rec needs to
modify arch/ppc/kernel/setup.c, which isn't nice.  What we need is
something like how we save Motorola residual data or bd_info stuffs
(memcpy in platform_init).

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/