Subject: Re: Status of 440GP port

From: andrew may <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:41:09 -0800

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 02:18:45PM -0700, Matt Porter wrote:
>
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 11:46:12AM -0800, Eugene Surovegin wrote:
> >
> > I checked yesterday bk://ppc.bkserver.net/linuxppc_2_4_devel tree and found
> > some preparations for this port (e.g. 4xx->40x renaming).
>
> There will be a few more preparation changes before the rest arrives.
>
> > I understand that this effort is under way for quite some time but not yet
> > released (or am I wrong?).
>
> I wouldn't say it has been underway for "quite some time".  4-5 working
> weeks is a short amount of development time for a new processor (at least
> for me). :)

So are you useing your own repository to track your development? It sure
doesn't seem like the 2_4_devel tree is a development tree anymore. And
seeing how hard it has become to get changes into the "devel" tree also
suggests that the tree is not really a development tree.

Any particular reason you are keeping things "close to your chest"? I know
it is nice to be able to go through and makes changes where ever you
like without having to be confronted with them every checkin/merge, but
since there are change that will at least change the file structure of
other boards it seems like it should be kept more in the open.

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/