Subject: Re: GT64260 merge warning

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:15:44 +0100

>> I'm getting close to a point where I want to start merging appropriate
>> things from the linuxppc_2_4_galileo tree on source.mvista.com into
>> 2_4_devel.
>
>I'll be interested to see it - I'm in code review mode at the moment. :)
>
>> The first thing I'm going to do is a moderately large cleanup to
>> drivers/net/gt64260_eth.c.
>
>Good.  Can you get rid of the config option for the MAC address?
>Please? :)  I suggest that we define a BI_MAC_ADDRESS bi_rec type
>which is used to pass in a default MAC address for the system, and we
>use that (single) MAC address for all the ethernet interfaces on the
>system which don't have any way to find out a MAC address for that
>specific interface.

I'm almost done with the new bi_rec stuffs, I'll push it to _2_5
this week as soon as I've tested a bit.

Ben.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/