Subject: Re: Embedded Planet 405Gp booting

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:27:01 +1000

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 10:23:18AM -0400, Brian Waite wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Sorry if this is stupid question, but I am trying to revive and Embedded
> planet 405 GP board with Linux. Someone else got it booting and has since
> lost the .config.I am trying to re-create this with little work. I am using
> PPCBoot 1.1.4 and have been working with the linuxppc_2_4_devel tree (kernel
> version 2.4.19-rc3. PPCboot is fine, but once it jumps into the kernel I get
> nothing. Looking at the log_buf in memory it looks like it is taking a kernel
> stack overflow exception. Am I just doing sometinhg  stupid? It feels like I
> have a bad option or lack thereof in my .config? I am attaching it just for
> fun. If anyone has a working .config for this board that would be great.

I use the attached config works for me, but I boot directly using TFTP
rather than through PPCBoot.

--
David Gibson			| For every complex problem there is a
[email-masked]	| solution which is simple, neat and
				| wrong.
http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson