Subject: Re: Support for Arctic platform (405LP based)

From: Cort Dougan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 12:15:26 -0700

How about killing the _2_4_devel tree?  When I created it I want it to be a
playground for stabilizing then moving things over to 2_4 failry quickly.
It seems to have become the defacto "want board X, you better use
_2_4_devel" tree.

When I went looking for a working 4xx tree recently I had to write a script
that would go through the last year of changesets in _2_4 and _2_4_devel
and try to build them then stick the result into a file.  That ran for 7
days on a 2.0Ghz Dual x86.  Then, that only gave me a list of building
trees.  Knowing that there's only 1 tree would be much easier!

I'll send you some wonderful New Mexico wine in exchange for your efforts!

} One of my goals for winter break is to try and make the _devel tree less
} divergent, at least w.r.t. 'classic' PPCs.  I'm not sure if 4xx support
} is in a stage yet that Paul is happy to move it to the _2_4 tree and
} then on to Marcelo yet.
}
} --
} Tom Rini (TR1265)
} http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/
}

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/