Subject: Re: Compiling ucd-snmp using ELDK for PPC

From: Erik Christiansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:09:09 +1100

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 11:23:26AM -0800, Jin Cheng wrote:
> I have compiled one, but only can snmpget/snmpwalk/etc, but can not
> snmpset, it always returns timeout.

   Presumably you have looked in /var/log/snmpd.log , to see what it is
telling you about the problem.

   Chances are that your access control is not right. Have you tried
everything in the FAQs on http://www.net-snmp.org/  ??

   You might like to try the mailing list (ucd-snmp was renamed net-snmp
some time ago):

List-Id:             General discussion forum for net-snmp users
List-Subscribe:      [email-masked]
                     subject=subscribe
List-Post:           [email-masked]

Searchable Archive:  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=4959

   The archive will give you plenty of things to check. That list will
be better equipped to advise.

Regards,
Erik

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/