Subject: Re: Support for Arctic platform (405LP based))

From: Tom Rini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:17:31 -0700

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 11:06:09AM -0700, Cort Dougan wrote:

> } But regardless of all of that, there's nothing related to this being a
> } 'marcelo' tree or not as you can't pick and choose bk csets without
> } everything preceeding it.  Ideally we can get to the point of not really
> } needing a seperate tree like 2.2 is (which could go if someone wants to
> } sit down and think about the LongTrail-specific changes in there).
>
> There's a great advantage to it being based on Marcelo's tree.  I can pull
> in several projects that I need along with the PPC changes I need into my
> own tree.  I think that would help a lot of people out.
>
> In fact, it should help merging with Marcelo a great deal.  You can easily
> pull in main-line changes.

I'll conceed the first part since I know there's at least a few external
projects using BK, and a few that aren't, and so on.

I'm not convinced about merging main-line changes as that only works if
everyonce consistently uses a seperate tree and merges into that.  Just
like we don't have Linus pulling directly from linuxppc-2.5, Marcelo
wouldn't pull from linuxppc-2.4, and right now Paul ends up having to
pick and move things around (even I've fallen out of the habit of having
another 'working' tree for more direct movement, bad me).

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/