Subject: Re: linuxppc_2_4_devel patch: 8xx FEC extensions

From: Tom Rini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 08:12:54 -0700

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 02:05:07AM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> It makes the following modifications to the MPC8xx FEC driver:
>
> - change PHY configuration from #define to kernel config mechanism
> - add support for AMD79C874 PHY

Both of these look OK, but can you please split this out into a seperate
patch which just does PHY configuration and then adds AMD79C874 support?

> - add multicast support

Sounds fine, but can you split this portion of the code from the rest of
the patch please?  Thanks.

> - add PACKETHOOK support

This was removed, intentionally back on March 22nd, 2002.  From what I
recall, it was decided this code was broken / unmaintained and should be
yanked.  Have you tested this particular section of code to verify it
still compiles and works as expected?

In sum: On hold for now.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/