Subject: Re: New style dpalloc/hostalloc routines (diff).

From: Tom Rini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:31:37 -0700

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 03:07:37PM -0500, Dan Malek wrote:
> Tom Rini wrote:
>
> >Also, Dan Malek, any comments on all of this?
>
> I've had some life distractions for the past couple of weeks.
> I'll have some time to look at this over the next few days.

So, have you had time to look at all of this yet?

> When are we going to stop using 2.4 as our development tree?
> Things like this should first be developed and proven in the 2.5
> tree then moved into 2.4 after we agree it's necessary.

Mainly because no one with the indepth knowledge of 8xx (*hint*hint* :))
has gone and fixed the very low level issues on 8xx which need to be
fixed, such as some MM thing or another from 2.5.5/2.5.10 timeframe and
the exception handling stuff ne3ds a look at, at a minimum based on what
Paul has done for 'classic' and what Paul and/or David and others have
done for 40x.  At which point the more trivial things like fixing up
drivers can happen. :)

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/