Subject: Re: running 8xx without UART

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:37:46 +0200

In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
>
> In a new board we have the same problem, and I'll have to make the patch
> again. Since we need a serial port we used a max3100 spi to serial converter
> and I have a driver for that ready (but not yet as a console).

See drivers/char/max3111_serial.[ch] in our kernel tree :-)

> When I get around to add support for this chip in u-boot I'll also send the
> patches for the kernel.

TIA!

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: [email-masked]
The C-shell doesn't parse. It adhoculates.
    - [email-masked] in <[email-masked]>

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/