Subject: Re: Ethernet PHY chip discovery not working on 855T with 971/972 chips

From: Matt Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:49:27 -0700

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 09:29:09AM -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
>
>     Paul> .... It's a bit disappointing that 8xx still doesn't compile
>     Paul> in 2.5.  I don't have any 8xx hardware to test on so I have
>     Paul> been relying on others to update it.
>
> Speaking of 2.5, since our custom boards are in production now, I have
> an Ebony (440GP eval board) that is completely idle, and some free
> hacking time.  Is there any 4xx work that I could help with?  Is

A 44x thing that would be nice is to abstract the PCI-X bridge support
into a common call (or calls) so it can be configured into a variety
of windowing modes...like alternative monarch memory maps or any
non-monarch configurations.  Part of this would work would require that
fixup_bigphys_addr() be made aware of these window changes.  In addition
it would be nice to have a helper function that sets the same values as
the current hardcoded monarch configuration via the new abstracted
interface since that is a common configuration.

Sorry, but you asked. :)

> linuxppc-2.5 the right tree to use?

Yes, nothing 44x-related should be going in without a 2.5 patch.
I've invested considerable time making sure that it was usable
by other developers on 44x...hopefully that still the case after
two weeks of vacation.

Regards,
--
Matt Porter
[email-masked]

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/