Subject: Re: K-computing RTAI benchmark cross-compile

From: "Ralph Blach" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:08:16 -0400

These are X86 assembler instructions.  You will have to port
them.  Send me the file and I will see what I can do.

Chip

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Toni Van Remortel <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Date:  Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:43:47 +0200

>
>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying to cross-compile the benchmark for RTAI, made by K-computing,
>to ppc (EP405 board with IBM PPC 405GP cpu).
>I use the ELDK compiler-set (which is working perfect, I compiled kernel
>and rtai with it without any problem).
>
>But when I try to compile the benchmark, I get these errors:
>
>ppc_4xx-gcc -O -Wall -c timer_test.c
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s: Assembler messages:
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:136: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:137: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:138: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `rdtsc'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:139: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `movl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:140: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `movl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:141: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `popl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:142: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `popl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:351: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:352: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:353: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `rdtsc'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:354: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `movl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:355: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `movl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:356: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `popl'
>/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:357: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `popl'
>make: *** [timer_test.o] Fout 1
>
>I assume it's some problem with wrong functions or so, but I really
>don't know where to look.
>
>PS: The RTAI-dir and Linux-dir are correclty changed in the Makefile.
>
>Anybody a clue how to solve this? Or are there other PPC RTAI benchmarks
>available?
>
>Regards,
>--
>                           Toni Van Remortel
>              Wetenschappelijk Medewerker - D-science lab
>              Tel: +32 3 205 61 72 - Fax: +32 3 205 61 95
>                      E-mail: [email-masked]
>
>
>
>

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/