Subject: Re: 4xx ports

From: Matt Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:28:54 -0700

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 12:54:20PM +0000, Jon Masters wrote:
>
>
> Hi there,
>
> Several people seem to think I was after advice on a port to use or
> asking for help doing one etc.
>
> For the record I am not in this current thread of conversation asking
> for those things but I am trying to find out how we can get the stock
> official kernel distributed by kernel.org to reflect some of the changes
> which have been made.

Post patches versus the BK linux-2.4 tree here so they can be discussed.
If they are suitable for merging upstream (Paul is happy) then they will
be moved into the for-marcelo-ppc tree.  This is a slow process unless
the changes are straightforward bug fixes or cleanups.

Merging patches into linuxppc-2.4 is much quicker and allows a wider
audience to test significant changes to help determine if they are
suitable to go upstream.  Stuff will get merged from linuxppc-2.4
upstream over time.

-Matt

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/