Subject: linuxppc trees, what is going on ?

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:41:55 +0100

Hello,

I am confused about what is going on with the different 2.4 powerpc
trees.

Last year, there was linuxppc_2_4 and the -benh tree. But since december
24, this tree doesn't seem to be touched anymore, and a new linuxppc-2.4
tree is used.

Are we supposed to move to the linuxppc-2.4 tree, and if so, what is
the rationale behind this change.

Furthermore, 2.4.24 was released, and the linuxppc-2.4 now contains
TAG: v2.4.24, and a bit later there is a Changeset marked as "Import
2.4.24 final tree". There used to be TAGS like TAG: v2.4.23_linuxppc_2_4
which i used to take snapshots for releasing debian powerpc kernel
packages. Will there still be those, did they simply get forgotten,
should i sync with the v2.4.24 tags, or am i missing something.

BTW, while we were at renaming stuffs, would it not have been better to
use linuxppc-2.6 instead of the linuxppc-2.5 we currently have ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/