Subject: Re: multiple separate pci bridges ...

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:14:02 +0100

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 02:00:18PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 13:15, Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > Finally, X works, altough DRI freezes after a second or two with my
> > radeon 9200SE, while it works for a Radeon 7500, but this is probably a
> > DRI issue.
>
> Could also be AGP related.

Using PCI gart only. (No real AGP on this box, only a pci bus faked as
AGP one.

> > What makes me wonder, is that X needs around 20 seconds to launch, which
> > could not be something normal. It usually takes 5-8 seconds only.
>
> DDC timeouts? As Ben pointed out, one can only speculate without seeing
> the server log.

Maybe, but it worked well with my previous board. See the log in my
response to Ben.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/