Subject: Re: OF properties access ?

From: Sven Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:17:28 +0100

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 08:01:33PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Well... You can move that code to a later place where you can printk
> and debug waht's up. It's also possible that the _set_L2CR routine
> in the kernel you are working on isn't totally correct for your CPU
> model... Do you have the 7447 recongnized at all in cputable ?

Mmm, i have :

    {   /* 7457 */
        0xffff0000, 0x80020000, "7457",
        CPU_FTR_SPLIT_ID_CACHE | CPU_FTR_USE_TB | CPU_FTR_CAN_NAP |
        CPU_FTR_L2CR | CPU_FTR_ALTIVEC_COMP | CPU_FTR_L3CR |
        CPU_FTR_HPTE_TABLE | CPU_FTR_SPEC7450 | CPU_FTR_NAP_DISABLE_L2_PR |
        CPU_FTR_HAS_HIGH_BATS,
        COMMON_PPC | PPC_FEATURE_HAS_ALTIVEC,
        32, 32,
        __setup_cpu_745x
    },

Which should be ok, since there seem to be no way to distinguish a 7447
from a 7457 anyway (apart from maybe L2 cache probing or such).

And indeed, the problem seems to be that i get /cpus, and not
/cpus/PowerPC,74x7. I thought that the /cpus should give the cpu per
default or something such. What should i do here, i can go look for a
PowerPC,74x7, but the board can also come with other CPUs (the 750Cxe
for now). Maybe i could remove the cpus checking code completely, and go
looking for the cpu type directly.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/